Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Nursing Double Time

Little girl Finn has been in a fussy growth spurt and has wanted to do nothing but sleep and nurse. It's a little exhausting and in addition to balancing that I look like this...



Well truthfully I look a million times worse than that but I couldn't find a better picture of a sick lady with the 5 minutes I wanted to dedicate to this post. 

Nursing a hell of a cold on top of nursing a baby has me realizing how much pressure I put on myself now that I am stay at home mommy most of the time.

I got up at my usual 7:30 wake up call to nurse the babe and then have 2 and a half hours to myself. I started a load of laundry, started the dishwasher and thought - Holy Shit; can't I be done - and proceeded to have a mini panic attack about how I wasn't achieving enough while the Kid was at work and I'm just sitting at home. 

It took a few tears to realize that even though I'm home much more sometimes I still need a sick day and I shouldn't put so much pressure on myself to get back in a groove and routine. This is a whole new job and world for me and I'm only a few weeks in. 

So in light of what I feel won't be the first day I need to remind myself of this I'm going to curl up on the couch, watch some bad TV, beg the Kid to bring me soup on the way home and nurse both of us bath to health.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I hope you are feeling better by today. And I totally agree, we all need a day-off sometimes:) Hope you had a great one and talk to you soon, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely deserve a sick day. So sorry and feel better!
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!